WMozzies along with its affiliate the International Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia Foundation (IWMF) is a patient-founded and patient-led, non-profit organisation that is dedicated to a simple but compelling vision:
- Support everyone affected by Waldenström’s Macroglobulinemia (WM) while advancing the search for a cure.
To accomplish this vision, WMozzies supported by IWMF offers WM patients, caregivers, family members and friends invaluable services:
- Information written in a patient-friendly way to promote understanding of our rare disease
- Peer support from others who’ve been where you are
WMozzies in Australia also works with the Leukaemia Foundation (LF) in supporting the WMozzies community.
- LF’s highly trained support service team, consists of some fifty nurses, social workers, psychologists and administration staff.
- Support services are available in 28 offices, both in metropolitan, regional and rural areas throughout Australia. Services provided by LF for WMozzies include information, emotional support, education programs, and advocacy.
Anyone with an interest in WM can become a member of the WMozzies – to learn how, Join Us.